Poor soil in your yard? No space for a full-size garden? Containers to the rescue.How to Plant in a pot or container? There are so many good things about potted plants and container gardens because they’re perfect little mini gardens, tucked away in a pot and can be placed anywhere around your home or landscape. Planting in containers creates instant visual appeal, no matter where you place them. They’re fun to design and easy to plant.
- Gather your plant(s), potting soil & container.
- Layer the bottom of the container with soil, also leave enough room for the plant(s). Gravel is also recommended for the better drainage.
- Carefully remove the plant(s) from their original containers.
- Disturb the roots a little, since this will help them grow better.
- Arrange in your container, leave equal spaces between each plant (if multiple), fill in with potting soil. Gravel is optional on the top of your soil for additional drainage.
- Water well and drain completely once the soil is settled, therefore you may need to fill in with extra soil