Keep It Simple
With just a little imagination and planning, your small yard can be transformed into an charming landscape that you and your family will enjoy for years to come.
Additionally, a well-maintained landscape could be the choice selling point if you ever put your home on the market. Either way, it’s a worthy investment that will improve the quality of your home as well as the time you spend in your yard.
When it comes to re-imaging your outdoor space, personal style will undoubtedly play a pivotal role. We have a few tips that will help ensure your success, especially if you’re working with limited space.
Our small backyard ideas will have you relaxing in a space that is equally functional and aesthetically pleasing.
- Centered Lawn with Outer Flower BedsWhen you have a very small yard a basic layout would do the trick. With assorted flowers, grasses and shrubs. Additionally this landscape used stones and traditional mulch.
- Edged Lawn and Flower Beds with Small PatioWhen your landscape is longer and more narrowed, its a good idea to use curved line to give the illusion of a wider landscape.
- Multi Level Patio with Raised Flower BedsHaving multi level landscaping allows for more options in your design. Raised flowers beds and a recessed patio area maximize your space.
- Enclosed Patio with Wall Ornamental GrassesUtilizing fence and wall space allows for creating a way to plant ornamental grasses. Great for compact homes like condos or duplexes.
- Urban Oasis With WaterfallUtilizing the edge of the landscape allows you to raise your features, such as a water fall.
- Long Pool and JacuzziLonger more narrowed landscapes can also utilize a narrow swimming pool and Jacuzzi. You might lose your plants, but you do have a pool!
- Small Pool or JacuzziFor those smaller landscapes that want a pool and a yard, thus just need to think smaller. The yard is divided into third sections and landscaped accordingly.
- Outdoor Lounge Area with Fire PitNow a days its great to have a outdoor lounge area for more than 3 or 4 people. This pergola and fire pit does the trick nicely.
- Wall Planters and Hanging PotsSometime your flower beds don’t need to planted in the ground. Take advantage of the fence or wall.
- Centered Lawn with Outer Flower Beds
- Edged Lawn and Flower Beds with Small Patio
- Multi Level Patio or Deck with Quality Wood and Raised Flower Beds
- Enclosed Patio with Wall Ornamental Grasses
- Urban Oasis With Waterfall
- Long Pool and Jacuzzi
- Small Pool or Jacuzzi
- Outdoor Lounge Area with Fire Pit
- Wall Planters and Hanging Pots
When small yard landscaping is the project you’re focusing on, be sure to use a variety of plants at varying heights to add depth and dimension. Tall and slender trees, a wall of ivy, a small flowerbed, or some compact shrubs are all great options.
Click here to read about our landscaping specials!
JCs Landscaping is ready to help achieve your small landscape dreams. Call us for a free estimate.
One thought on “9 Small Yard Landscaping Ideas”
Nice post! All these landscaping ideas are amazing. Thanks for sharing the ideas.