One of the best ways to make a bold statement for your home is to install an outdoor water fountain. Outdoor fountains are nice looking, peaceful and they are sophisticated. We can help you create an outdoor fountain, from scratch.
Think of materials that come from exotic places and custom designs. We can do it for you, but you might not know what you want. If so, then check out these five tips for choosing a water fountain.
1. Choose The Right Style
The first thing you need to consider is what your home’s decor and designs are like because this will help you choose the right fountain. For example, if your yard has an industrial look, then install a modern fountain, but go with a classic fountain like this from Soothing Company. If your yard has a traditional look, depending on your personal preference, your fountain may look like:
- Modern Fountains– These fountains have a chic look. They are produced with industrial materials. This includes materials such as stainless steel.
- Classic Fountains– Classing fountains have a traditional look. Marble, stone and other natural materials are used to make them. These fountains have always been in style and it will likely be that way for many more years to come.
- Casual Fountains– These fountains fall in the middle of classic and modern. They have a fun look to them. If you want a fountain that serves as a supplement piece, then look no further than a casual fountain.
2. Select The Type
Once you know what style you want, you’ll need to choose the type. When it comes to this, you want to keep a few things in mind. For starters, you want to know what kind of impact you want the fountain to have, such as a show-stopping fountain and one that makes a powerful statement or a fountain that is basic and adds to the decor of the home.
Depending on what you want, your ideal fountain may turn out to be something completely different. Each type of fountain is unique because they come in various sizes and styles. There are a few types to consider. These types include:
- Wall Fountains– These stand up against the wall. They tend to take shape of your wall.
- Tiered Fountains– These fountains are traditional. They have several tiers of water. They typically have three different tiers, with each having a different style.
- Floor Fountains– Instead of extending vertically, they extend horizontally. They have a unique and attractive look to them. This is why they are great for making a statement.
- Solar Powered Fountains– These fountains are unique. They are powered by solar energy, which means you don’t need electricity to use it. If you want an eco-friendly fountain, then look no further than a solar powered fountain.
- Bubbling Fountains– These fountains bubble, hence the name. They look great and make soothing sounds.
- Cascading Fountains– These features water that travel through a maze like structure.
- Sunnydaze– This is a tabletop fountain that features LED lighting.
- Pond Fountains– These fountains are installed under the water. They spew water out of the water that surrounds it.
3. Location Matters
After you know what kind of water fountain you want, you’ll need to know where your fountain will go. You should choose an area that is very visible because you want people to notice it when they’re hanging out in your yard. If you want to make a strong statement, then choose a large area that can fit a large fountain.
You don’t want to install a fountain that is too small or large for the space it’s going to be placed in. Furthermore, choose an area that has both a water source and a power supply. This will make it easier to install the fountain.
4. Choose The Right Materials
Next up, you need to choose materials. With our services, you have unlimited options when it comes to the types of materials you can use. We work hard to bring various materials to our customers.
We urge you to call us to ask us about our current stock of materials. We can customize virtually any fountain using virtually any material. However, some of the most common materials our customers choose include:
- Caster stone
- And much more
5. Cleaning & Maintenance
Let’s not forget about logistics of your fountain before you settle on a specific fountain. This means you want to know what kind of maintenance will be involved with the fountain you chose. There are many things to consider in regards to this. Some of the top things to consider are:
- Plants– Plants are great because they can provide oxygen for the water, such as maintaining the level of it. However, if very tall plants or trees overshadow your fountain, then leaves will end up falling into it, which means you have to take the time to clean it. If you don’t, the leaves and debris will just accumulate rapidly. Be prepared to clean the fountain regularly if you decide to install it under tall plants or trees.
- Animals– When you choose a fountain, you might decide to have animals in it, such as fish, which eat algae and can play a role in plants growing. This is because they can produce carbon dioxide, but you have to take care of any fish you have. This is another maintenance task you’ll have to do regularly.
Besides fish, you might want to consider how birds will use your fountain. Remember, birds love fountains to bathe, drink and rest. If they do this to your fountain, then be prepared to clean up after them if they leave a mess. They may or may not leave a mess for you to clean up.
- Weather– Also, consider the weather. When the winter season kicks in, materials could crack or become very dirty because of the snow or rain. This is why it’s a good idea to cover your fountain when the cold weather arrives. The same goes if you live somewhere very warm that has a rainy season.
Summer is when a lot of dust and debris can accumulate in places such as fountains. If you want to prevent your fountain from becoming damaged, then cover it. There are covers designed for fountains, so invest in one. If you don’t want to cover it during an entire season, then cover it right before a storm is due to arrive.