Keep It Simple
Small yard landscaping with just a little imagination and planning, your small yard can be transformed into an charming landscape that you and your family will enjoy for years to come. Additionally, though it may be further down the road, if you’re planning on selling your home in the future, the right design could potentially turn a once-negative selling feature into an appreciating asset.
As for how to go about re-imaging the space, while personal style will undoubtedly play a pivotal role, there a few tips that will help ensure success. Our small backyard ideas will have you relaxing in a space that is so equally functional and aesthetically pleasing that you won’t even be thinking about the square footage.
- Centered Lawn with Outer Flower BedsWhen you have a very small yard a basic layout would do the trick. With assorted flowers, grasses and shrubs. Additionally this landscape used stones and traditional mulch.
- Edged Lawn and Flower Beds with Small PatioWhen your landscape is longer and more narrowed, its a good idea to use curved line to give the illusion of a wider landscape.
- Multi Level Patio with Raised Flower BedsHaving multi level landscaping allows for more options in your design. Raised flowers beds and a recessed patio area maximize your space.
- Enclosed Patio with Wall Ornamental GrassesUtilizing fence and wall space allows for creating a way to plant ornamental grasses. Great for compact homes like condos or duplexes.
- Urban Oasis With WaterfallUtilizing the edge of the landscape allows you to raise your features, such as a water fall.
- Long Pool and JacuzziLonger more narrowed landscapes can also utilize a narrow swimming pool and Jacuzzi. You might lose your plants, but you do have a pool!
- Small Pool or JacuzziFor those smaller landscapes that want a pool and a yard, thus just need to think smaller. The yard is divided into third sections and landscaped accordingly.
- Outdoor Lounge Area with Fire PitNow a days its great to have a outdoor lounge area for more than 3 or 4 people. This pergola and fire pit does the trick nicely.
- Wall Planters and Hanging PotsSometime your flower beds don't need to planted in the ground. Take advantage of the fence or wall.
- Centered Lawn with Outer Flower Beds
- Edged Lawn and Flower Beds with Small Patio
- Multi Level Patio with Raised Flower Beds
- Enclosed Patio with Wall Ornamental Grasses
- Urban Oasis With Waterfall
- Long Pool and Jacuzzi
- Small Pool or Jacuzzi
- Outdoor Lounge Area with Fire Pit
- Wall Planters and Hanging Pots
When small yard landscaping is necessary be sure to use a variety of plants at varying heights to capitalize on the amount of visual interest you’re bringing to the space. Include tall plants like shady trees, stoic perennials, and sprawling ivy, but you can also throw shorter plants into the mix by stacking them up in graduated planters or flower beds.
JCs Landscaping is ready to help achieve your small landscape dreams. Call us for a free estimate.