Poor soil in your yard? No space for a full-size garden? Containers to the rescue.
How to Plant in a pot or container? There are so many good things about potted plants and container gardens
because they’re perfect little mini gardens, tucked away in a pot and can be placed anywhere around your home or landscape.
They create instant visual appeal, no matter where you place them. They’re fun to design and easy to plant.
- Gather your plant(s), potting soil & container.
- Layer the bottom of the container with soil, also leave enough room for the plant(s). Gravel is also recommended for the better drainage.
- Carefully remove the plant(s) from their original containers.
- Disturb the roots a little, since this will help them grow better.
- Arrange in your container, leave equal spaces between each plant (if multiple), fill in with potting soil. Gravel is optional on the top of your soil for additional drainage.
- Water well and drain completely once the soil is settled, therefore you may need to fill in with extra soil
Many plants, like herbs, need a sunny location that gets 5-6 hours of sunlight each day; let your planter dry thoroughly between watering, and use often!
Take a closer look at some of your favorite summer containers for gardening to enhance your home entryway by immediately adding beauty to it. Start by choosing a container, also there’s a wide variety of materials and styles to choose from. Make sure the container has holes in the bottom for proper drainage, otherwise you can drill holes with a large drill bit.
It is not difficult to learn how to pot in a plant, furthermore the professionals at JCs Landscaping offer garden maintenance with any spring and fall clean up plan. Call 972-571-7899 today for a free quote or click here for more information about JClandscapingllc.com